Gift of the Good Family
Come sweet child and soothe my brow
Ease my old heart, still beats somehow,
Place a spark in my now dulled eyes
With your innocent look of wild surprise.
As I tell you tales of a time long gone
Of people and places once came upon,
Stories of valour and loving glory
All the memories of my long life’s story.
Snuggle dear one into my loving arms
And hear of secrets and lucky charms,
Funny things your father used to do
When he was young and new like you.
We sit here peacefully as time flows
So much love in this chair of gold,
Grandfather slowly closes tired eyes
As grand daughter in sleep softly sighs.
A picture of love so simple and pure
Worth all in life we have to endure,
The young and the old in sweet harmony
Wonderful gift that is a good family.
Two minds dreaming of their deep love
A wonderful blessing from our Lord above.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gift of the Good Family by Chris Vaughan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Critically Evaluating…Lois Lerner's &quo.., James B. Earley
- My wondrous dream, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Truth Lies - Kids Stuff -how2builddefenc.., sEaN nOrTh
- Hues of Green, Joy Cordwell
- FOR ALL BELIEVERS, Tom Zart
- Sibling Oath, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- Godwin's Farm, Naveed Khalid
- The Neighbor Prayer, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Diplomacy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK