Gift of the Good Family
Come sweet child and soothe my brow
Ease my old heart, still beats somehow,
Place a spark in my now dulled eyes
With your innocent look of wild surprise.
As I tell you tales of a time long gone
Of people and places once came upon,
Stories of valour and loving glory
All the memories of my long life’s story.
Snuggle dear one into my loving arms
And hear of secrets and lucky charms,
Funny things your father used to do
When he was young and new like you.
We sit here peacefully as time flows
So much love in this chair of gold,
Grandfather slowly closes tired eyes
As grand daughter in sleep softly sighs.
A picture of love so simple and pure
Worth all in life we have to endure,
The young and the old in sweet harmony
Wonderful gift that is a good family.
Two minds dreaming of their deep love
A wonderful blessing from our Lord above.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gift of the Good Family by Chris Vaughan )
- Limerick-66, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- winter nights, lee fones
- The Raging Fire, Jasbir Chatterjee
- Veni, Vidi, Vici, Jasbir Chatterjee
- Escape to Freedom, Bareerah Bilal
- - White Buffalo -, Joe Muschaweck
- Plants are Soul of Earth, Rohit Sapra
- Phenomenal Woman या 'सम्पूर्ण स्त्री' (H.., Rajnish Manga
- Spell, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Forgiveness, Bareerah Bilal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)