She sat across the room in deep concentration,
Watching Tv with avid fascination
She is as desirable now as the day we first met,
We've had our differences, but never had regret.
She has a fiery temper, that really is quite cute,
But blind love, no faults does see and so keeps mute.
We have been together now, for a very long time,
This crotchety, slightly deaf, lovely little lady of mine.
We are not yet in our dotage I am happy to say,
And my passion for her grows more each and every day,
But life bound together as lovers and friends,
Makes you understand more, that love never ends.
Having said all of that, l will have to admit,
That I get on her nerves. I'm afraid quite a bit,
None of us are perfect, in my case not at all,
And if I argue that perfection, is all about perception,
I know that ground is rocky and I'm heading for a fall.
We sometimes bicker all day long in happy procrastination,
And disagree on everything that happens in our nation,
This does not detract from how we feel about the other,
I sometimes think her wrong, but do not care, 'cos I love her.
Damian Cranney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gilly by Damian Cranney )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(01 January 1950)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- A language, a race, gajanan mishra
- Reality And Unimagination..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Smile, hafiz qasim
- Soldiers' Living Tomb, Ima Ryma
- Winter In The Wind, Tony Adah
- Barren Moon, Esther Ukeh
- Unrest Soul: Churches After Christ Death, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Weak in Nature, hafiz qasim
- It's Not About Science, Just Satellites..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Expression Eruption: Get out, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche