She sat across the room in deep concentration,
Watching Tv with avid fascination
She is as desirable now as the day we first met,
We've had our differences, but never had regret.
She has a fiery temper, that really is quite cute,
But blind love, no faults does see and so keeps mute.
We have been together now, for a very long time,
This crotchety, slightly deaf, lovely little lady of mine.
We are not yet in our dotage I am happy to say,
And my passion for her grows more each and every day,
But life bound together as lovers and friends,
Makes you understand more, that love never ends.
Having said all of that, l will have to admit,
That I get on her nerves. I'm afraid quite a bit,
None of us are perfect, in my case not at all,
And if I argue that perfection, is all about perception,
I know that ground is rocky and I'm heading for a fall.
We sometimes bicker all day long in happy procrastination,
And disagree on everything that happens in our nation,
This does not detract from how we feel about the other,
I sometimes think her wrong, but do not care, 'cos I love her.
Damian Cranney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gilly by Damian Cranney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Wildly Into The Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Drunk poetry, Christian Lacdael
- Opportunities, Christian Lacdael
- COPLA 68 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...
- Purpose Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Corridors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak