We give thanks to God everyday;
not just on Thanksgiving,
but whenever we pray.
We thank him for life, health and strength,
we thank him for all blessings sent.
Its thanks given to God’s only Son;
who died on the cross, to save everyone.
Its thanks given ‘cause he rose from the dead;
on the third day, just like he said.
As we sit down to feast,
we give special thanks;
for the food that we eat.
Thanks given for shelter.
A peaceful night sleep,
clothes on our backs,
shoes on our feet.
Thanks given for protecting us from harm;
for bringing us through life’s treacherous storms.
Phyllis Strong's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Give Thanks by Phyllis Strong )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Loafing, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Old-Time Family, Edgar Albert Guest
- Home And The Baby, Edgar Albert Guest
- Curly Locks, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Lure That Failed, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Job, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Truth About Envy, Edgar Albert Guest
- We Are, Madrason writer
- Toys, Edgar Albert Guest
- Friends, Edgar Albert Guest