We give thanks to God everyday;
not just on Thanksgiving,
but whenever we pray.
We thank him for life, health and strength,
we thank him for all blessings sent.
Its thanks given to God’s only Son;
who died on the cross, to save everyone.
Its thanks given ‘cause he rose from the dead;
on the third day, just like he said.
As we sit down to feast,
we give special thanks;
for the food that we eat.
Thanks given for shelter.
A peaceful night sleep,
clothes on our backs,
shoes on our feet.
Thanks given for protecting us from harm;
for bringing us through life’s treacherous storms.
Phyllis Strong's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Give Thanks by Phyllis Strong )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- What You Thought I Thought You Thought, Dexsta Ray
- Cactus Flower, Midnights Voice
- Sacrifice, Nassy Fesharaki
- Keep your mind wide open, Petai Jirakongpipat
- THE MYTHS OF LIES, Satish Verma
- The Garage Sale Blues, Francie Lynch
- No Paper This Morning, Donal Mahoney
- Mister Chamberlain, Roy Blokker
- Brothers, Two..., Denis Martindale
- The One True God, Roy Blokker