Give Thanks Year Round
We say thankyou to so many people,
We often wait until the holiday to say thanks to God,
That is not what he wanted when he sent Jesus to be our mod.
Give thanks to the lord for everything,
There are many ways you can, including sing,
If you do not feel comfortable with praying,
then find another thing.
Write to God and put it in a bible,
Tell him thank you for letting u see his rod,
Say thanks to him for healing your bod.
tell him thank you for helping the innocent through D.O.D
If you do not like to write then sing your praises,
Tell him thank you for everything he raises.
Thank him for bringing you out of those awfull phases.
Thank him for his amazes.
If nothing else everyone can do this,
Think about everything you are thankfull for, make a list,
Then out of bliss,
Thank him in your mind,
After you have thanked him, come here and share a line,
Tell us how God has helped you out of a bind.
Also, tell us what you find cool,
It can be anything, even if it is a pet bull.
Rita Hawkins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Give Thanks Year Round by Rita Hawkins )
- Your Initiative, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- To Want With Wishes It More Lived, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Your Kept Best, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ROUND AND ROUND, Peter LeBuhn
- God's Gift To You!, Denis Martindale
- Voices, stephen awuni
- Cost Less, stephen awuni
- My Past Governs Me, Ian Paisnel
- Mind's Heart, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unrest Soul: Imperfection, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)