Waves gently crash
in distant froths salty brine
on drawback sand.
Beach pebbles rattle
smooth curved and worn
upon shoreline wash.
saunter back to vans
full of sandy hope
and scratched legs
with brush off hands
on sunburn red.
Fish swim batter fat
to be served with chips
and curry pot sauce.
An alcoholic sea
laps upon a beach
of glass broken bottles.
Adi Cox's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Glass Beach by Adi Cox )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- What not to be done while a person is ly.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- buzz off bees, lee fones
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.39, Robert Graber
- Happy Birthday Dear Mum, Adewale Ajakanri
- The Blood is the Key, Matthew Buck
- Olwakho uthando, Phiwe Mbatha
- I rish this couldn't say it's R's, Mandolyn ...
- EVIL'S INEVITABLE, FAST, AND FREE FALL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Doomed, Kyle Schlicher
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher