Waves gently crash
in distant froths salty brine
on drawback sand.
Beach pebbles rattle
smooth curved and worn
upon shoreline wash.
saunter back to vans
full of sandy hope
and scratched legs
with brush off hands
on sunburn red.
Fish swim batter fat
to be served with chips
and curry pot sauce.
An alcoholic sea
laps upon a beach
of glass broken bottles.
Adi Cox's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Glass Beach by Adi Cox )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The CPI(M) Should Not Talk of Himan Rig.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rain Cries Zeiden, Ghost Kitty
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal