The United States was born,
Took its 'manifest destiny'
By bearing arms, leaving war torn
Home of the brave, land of the free.
Elites built an empire by war.
We the People got sold on lies.
The world was less but We were more
Moral, so deserved any prize.
We bully and meddle worldwide,
But can't seem to understand why
The world seems not real gratified
By all the wars we justify.
The United States preaches peace,
But really wants war not to cease.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Global Threat by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Love keeps flowering and sometimes, Gert Strydom
- We sit on a balcony, Gert Strydom
- Cheap Shots, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- COPLA 69 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Days When The Darkness Is Greater Than T.., Shalom Freedman
- STORM IN A TEACUP, Philo Yan
- Never take anybody, gajanan mishra
- All one, gajanan mishra
- The ignorant, gajanan mishra
- Poetry For I. H. Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey