The brushes scratch my knees as I run
chasing you into the darkness
seeing as my progress is none,
yet I chase you regardless.
As you light my way as I go
through all these troubles,
only as stronger I grow
fighting the pain in all my muscles.
Yet once again I lost you,
as you went off into the horizon
a love of which I know few,
I run, as you are the reason.
But for now I wait for tomorrow,
As I can only dream of catching you,
As during the day I feel sorrow,
and at night I can only see you.
A feeling I can never catch by running
as even if I hold you in my hands
it is just time I am borrowing
slowly slipping through my fingers are the sands
of a love I couldn't have, falling.
Javier Falcon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Glorious Moon by Javier Falcon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Magnum Opus 10 words, Beryl Dov
- Christmas in July, Marilyn Lott
- Fountains, Tom Squires
- Recognized goodness, gajanan mishra
- Disenfranchised From Your Mind, Captain Cur
- Say never that you are doing, gajanan mishra
- No use to act, hasmukh amathalal
- जागँर, Aayush Pandey
- But, oh, those summer nights...., Manny Furious
- Seppuku, Or: After drinking too much win.., Manny Furious