God Great God
God great God,
Word greater than kings talk
Majestic presence brightens up the world
Centuries unknown still the Lord
Hallelujah! Good is God
Who my soul keepeth from the underworld
I'll keep singing the song
Hallelujah! Holy is the Lord
Whom like a gunshot
Hears my call
And Lo my glory shone.
My spirit He guideth on
Me? What stone will work?
When by my side no qualm
As I tread to success on
Even if I climb on
To double mountains up
I shall not fall,
For His staff and rod
Shall for me come.
Oh what a majestic God!
Who is there like You Lord?
You've made me stand strong.
So now I think tall.
You are the special one
And the only one
You made with a word
You take with a talk
I will forever praise the Lord
Allahu Akbar! God Great God!
Toheeb Tiamiyu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (God Great God by Toheeb Tiamiyu )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)