Friends in times of sorrow,
Will stay and remember you of tomorrow.
The atlantic ocean with friends becomes shallow.
The bones of hardship shall they with you swallow.
Who if not your friends shall give you joy?
In your striving shall they also toil,
And their success you all will enjoy.
In silence they remain till you till the soil,
For they know you will at last get oil.
Friends are people of happiness,
They believe in nothing but togetherness.
Their hobby since ages is love and truthfulness.
Without friends you are helpless,
Your cry they understand and come to bless.
Friends will always trust and co-operate.
As close as the moon and stars they co-relate.
For those with friends I congratulate.
Some people are vexed to see friends celebrate.
But till Thy kingdom comes shall we jubilate.
Friends like my friends.
Toheeb Tiamiyu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The poem was inspired by and is dedicated to my best friend Ayo Bella Mariposa Abiola
Comments about this poem (Friends by Toheeb Tiamiyu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The Miracle of the Bees and the Foxgloves, Anne Stevenson
- I am the authority, life and rule for my.., Melikhaya Zagagana
- Holding Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Enigma, Anne Stevenson
- Temporarily in Oxford, Anne Stevenson
- Swifts, Anne Stevenson
- Sonnets for Five Seasons, Anne Stevenson
- Salter's Gate, Anne Stevenson
- A WONDROUS MOMENT., Om Chawla
- Innocence and Experience, Anne Stevenson