God Is Always On Time
The crowd weep,
Teary eyes filled with red blood.
He is dead and buried,
He now smells and rottens.
Mary and Martha
Sitting by the tomb in grief.
Oh, poor Lazarus!
His soul has now part in a brief.
And the King comes in,
'Jesus, your friend is dead; '
Bad tiding screamed into his ears.
He is now four days gone.
'If only you'd come earlier,
He wouldn't be dead.
His soul would still be here,
In the parameters of his home.'
And the King cries.
Not for Lazarus's death,
Not for his late arrival at the scene,
But for his friend, Lazarus, who is his kin.
Do your work humans.
Roll off the stone and unveil the tomb,
Clear the path and make way for Him,
See now the salvation of the LORD.
Dead friend comes back to life
The saviour has lived up His name;
The bread of Life.
Do your works again, humans.
Untie him and feed him food
'Bathe and change your clothes, friend.
Thou had seen the power of the LORD'
Mary and Martha, with mortal mindsets
Had accused Him of late arrival
But in God's way He was on time.
Hence, isn't it better if He's four days late?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Subscribe to blog= http: //ojarts.wordpress.com
Buy Captivating Romantic Short story=> http: //www.articlesale.com/2013/10/17/the-wedding-night-the-virgin-wife-a-passionate-romance/? author=23826
Comments about this poem (God Is Always On Time by Olabisi James )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The Blind Blue., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Hot Dog Fight at the Supermarket, Kevin Rottweiler
- Haiku The Season, Heather Burns
- Haiku Autumn Days, Heather Burns
- This Is Not A Consolation Prize, mary douglas
- State Of Mind, david kush
- The Mermaid Predictions, The Future Of S.., mary douglas
- Call the coastguard there's a galley sla.., Mark Heathcote
- My English Sucks ….. [ENGLISH ('poo.., Bri Edwards
- The Fairytale Stories Will Emerge, mary douglas