God Is Always On Time
The crowd weep,
Teary eyes filled with red blood.
He is dead and buried,
He now smells and rottens.
Mary and Martha
Sitting by the tomb in grief.
Oh, poor Lazarus!
His soul has now part in a brief.
And the King comes in,
'Jesus, your friend is dead; '
Bad tiding screamed into his ears.
He is now four days gone.
'If only you'd come earlier,
He wouldn't be dead.
His soul would still be here,
In the parameters of his home.'
And the King cries.
Not for Lazarus's death,
Not for his late arrival at the scene,
But for his friend, Lazarus, who is his kin.
Do your work humans.
Roll off the stone and unveil the tomb,
Clear the path and make way for Him,
See now the salvation of the LORD.
Dead friend comes back to life
The saviour has lived up His name;
The bread of Life.
Do your works again, humans.
Untie him and feed him food
'Bathe and change your clothes, friend.
Thou had seen the power of the LORD'
Mary and Martha, with mortal mindsets
Had accused Him of late arrival
But in God's way He was on time.
Hence, isn't it better if He's four days late?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Subscribe to blog= http: //ojarts.wordpress.com
Buy Captivating Romantic Short story=> http: //www.articlesale.com/2013/10/17/the-wedding-night-the-virgin-wife-a-passionate-romance/? author=23826
Comments about this poem (God Is Always On Time by Olabisi James )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Stray Reflection, Sunny Chopra
- Tagore Song (#13) When He comes to beg me, Tushar Ray
- Selfish, Naomi Mith
- Tagorer Song (#12) My Invisible Flute, Tushar Ray
- Tagore Song (#11) Who is this piano pla.., Tushar Ray
- THOUGHT-LIFE (Quatrains), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Music, Life's Soundtrack (Quatrains), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Love Note 16, Michael P. McParland
- Change, David Lessard
- ENVY DEFINED, Cynthia BuhainBaello