'God Is So Creative.' - My Wife Said.....[God; Creation of creatures; God? ]
Have you ever discussed alligators
while lying in bed with your mate?
(The Mama covers eggs with dirt and stuff,
and the eggs then incubate.)
And have you looked at the eyes of flies
with all those tiny shiny parts,
or smelled the perfume smells of roses,
or the smell of donkey farts?
And what of all the human varieties
of behavior and body form?
It's enough to cause a genius's brain
to form a mighty mental storm.
Some say God created it all somehow,
and that God is all-knowing too.
Was it, then, supernatural handiwork
which gave us gardens and the zoo?
Did God just supply all the ingredients,
and Mother Nature did the rest?
Some life forms seem so practical to me;
others seem to have been made in jest!
Does God not actually exist at all? ....?
But no genius is this poet;
I don't care how life forms came to be,
and I plan to never know it.
Topic of this poem: creation
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('God Is So Creative.' - My Wife Said.....[God; Creation of creatures; God? ] by Bri Edwards )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- आंनि लोगोफ्रा आंनि खोथाखौ बुजिया, Ronjoy Brahma
- Peace in the air, Vidura Prabhath
- Odia Poem- To Apekshyare mu, Jitendra seth
- आंनि बोरै गोरोन्थि जाखो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Odia Poem- JHADA, Jitendra seth
- Gratitude, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- My Thoughts, Michael P. McParland
- Impact of snow climate., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My limbs, gajanan mishra
- PARUI POLICE BRUTALITY, Bireswar Halder