I cannot believe that which I do not see
Is a cry by the godless, ones who do not hear
Can you not see the newborn baby's smiles?
Or the clouds against the skies forever miles
Does the touch of your hand gently on silk glide
Do you hear the whispers of wisdom deep inside?
Amazing are the endless seas covering this place
Within the boundaries of earth’s magnificent space
Upon the land the trees know the season
For all things have their rhyme and their reason
A dog even knows its own master’s voice
But we humans are certainly given the choice
When earthly views seem to confuse and collide
Do you feel God’s love in your soul does reside?
Answer yourself honestly and do learn to see
You’ll be awed by what your heart does hear
Dove Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (God's Love by Dove Allen )
- Hint, hasmukh amathalal
- Our Green Hope, Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
- - On the Longfellow bridge, Giorgio A. V.
- the dishwasher sounds like it's off its .., Mandolyn ...
- The Piano Player, Stacy L. Mar
- How To Some It Tastes, Is It Poetry
- Snapshot Summer, Stacy L. Mar
- yeah, i'm in love. get over it, Mandolyn ...
- Blue Matter, Stacy L. Mar
- Dont dance my body, onzia dan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns