GOD'S RIVER OF LOVE
Misguided souls practice unworthy acts
As they struggle to fulfill selfish need.
Performing what they must without regret
Consumed by mistrust, fear and greed.
God's river of love, grace and deliverance
Free us from past mistakes, guilt and blame.
The longer we delay improving our conduct
The more we suffer heartbreak, ignorance and shame.
It's never too late to submit to God's will
Broadcasting His wisdom from our heart.
The greater we trust and live by His word
From impurity and transgressions we part.
When we are called into, a new life with Christ
We encounter obstacles, barriers and heart break.
The worst barrier is the culture in which we live
Where too many prosper by corruption, consumption and take.
Our world's primary focus is possessions, wealth and sex
Not caring about others, faith, values or God's command.
In many ways our society is spiritually blind and rebellious
Defying the laws of God, nature, wisdom and man.
Thank heaven for faith and the righteous of heart
Who shine by their love for others and God's grace.
We're blessed to be successful, grateful or alive at all
As we cling to our planet in the speedway of space.
By God's Poet
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
Tom's 700 Poems Are Free To Share!
Google = Tom Zart YouTube
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (GOD'S RIVER OF LOVE by Tom Zart )
- Beauty Revisited, Narayana Raghavan
- Santiago, Nathalie Handal
- Limerick-36, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Nightened Color, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hello Man! Dawn Cracks Darkness (Cinquain), Harindhar Reddy
- Farewell To Spring, Narayana Raghavan
- The Moor, Nathalie Handal
- Your Songs Mean Nothing Now, Phil Soar
- In The Blue Hour, Nathalie Handal
- The Day Monsoon Appeared Upon My Eyes, Narayana Raghavan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1886 - 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)