GOD'S RIVER OF LOVE
Misguided souls practice unworthy acts
As they struggle to fulfill selfish need.
Performing what they must without regret
Consumed by mistrust, fear and greed.
God's river of love, grace and deliverance
Free us from past mistakes, guilt and blame.
The longer we delay improving our conduct
The more we suffer heartbreak, ignorance and shame.
It's never too late to submit to God's will
Broadcasting His wisdom from our heart.
The greater we trust and live by His word
From impurity and transgressions we part.
When we are called into, a new life with Christ
We encounter obstacles, barriers and heart break.
The worst barrier is the culture in which we live
Where too many prosper by corruption, consumption and take.
Our world's primary focus is possessions, wealth and sex
Not caring about others, faith, values or God's command.
In many ways our society is spiritually blind and rebellious
Defying the laws of God, nature, wisdom and man.
Thank heaven for faith and the righteous of heart
Who shine by their love for others and God's grace.
We're blessed to be successful, grateful or alive at all
As we cling to our planet in the speedway of space.
By God's Poet
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
Tom's 700 Poems Are Free To Share!
Google = Tom Zart YouTube
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (GOD'S RIVER OF LOVE by Tom Zart )
- In the memory of Faez, Nassy Fesharaki
- I Turned on the News Today, Vera Sidhwa
- From A Son To His Divine Mother(Saroda), Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Of the Depression, Javed Latoo
- Blue Eyes, Ronald Chapman
- A Tiny Plant, Manira Khan
- Pure femininity, Erato
- A Man's Oft-hidden Tears, Maurice Harris
- Contentment, Katherine Nordhaus
- The News Explained it to Me, Vera Sidhwa
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)