Golden Gate - Beauty/Despair
The golden gate stretched far and wide,
Till the eye can see,
The line of beauty never fading,
Strong, bewildered and free.
Caste a gaze by the shadowed eye,
It brings the brilliance bound,
But in the pupil suffering
For despair is the sound.
It echoes each vibrant step,
As if waiting for light,
Even with the brilliance,
Despair steps in sight.
Even with the beauty hold,
And with the gate solid gold,
Despair lurks round and round,
Bringing glory to the ground.
And this alas, the golden gate,
Not beautiful, but nor in despair,
Not enough to shine the world,
But given enough thou care.
Viraj Bhanshaly's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Golden Gate - Beauty/Despair by Viraj Bhanshaly )
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Wings Of Life, Saravanan Writer
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid
- Romance II, Naveed Khalid
- azoneofpoetryaartisphoenixnow, Nyein Way
- Dungeon, Naveed Khalid
- Rosicrucianism, Naveed Khalid