Be Glad Your Nose is on Your Face
Be glad your nose is on your face,
not pasted on some other place,
for if it were where it is not,
you might dislike your nose a lot.
Imagine if your precious nose
were sandwiched in between your toes,
that clearly would not be a treat,
for you'd be forced to smell your feet.
Your nose would be a source of dread
were it attached atop your head,
it soon would drive you to despair,
forever tickled by your hair.
Within your ear, your nose would be
an absolute catastrophe,
for when you were obliged to sneeze,
your brain would rattle from the breeze.
Your nose, instead, through thick and thin,
remains between your eyes and chin,
not pasted on some other place--
be glad your nose is on your face!
Jack Prelutsky's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Glad Your Nose is on Your Face by Jack Prelutsky )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Barsana, Lalit Kaira
- Do You Still Wish Me Well, JAMES T. ADAIR
- Stone God and Goddess in an Ark, Tom Sleigh
- The Book on the Topmost Shelf, David Lewis Paget
- Midsummer Day's Dream, Mary Spain
- THAT UGLY GENOCIDE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Parallel Cathedral, Tom Sleigh
- Pleasant fruit, gajanan mishra
- Prime Truth - 28, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Offer, claudia Battams