I trace the lines around the corners of your lips with my eyes,
Thankful that you were blessed to experience so much joy.
I feel your stiff arms reach out to wrap around my shoulders,
And I wonder just how many times these arms have shown such love.
I hum my new guitar song and you ask what I’m singing,
So I got to thinking about all the beautiful music that your ears have heard.
I help you bake your famous strawberry rhubarb pie to taste a bite of heaven,
Your tongue has tasted so much food made with love throughout the years.
I garden with you and notice the thin skin stretched across your hands,
The amount of hard work that has been conquered amazes me.
I look into your grey and blue eyes and wonder how much more life they hold.
Incredibly blessed to have had you for all these years,
But so deeply saddened to know that you will soon be gone.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gone by Taryn Lempa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- MY SITUATION IS MY REMINDER OF MY MYSELF.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We will take our fires..., Marshall Gass
- Seed Pod, Marshall Gass
- Changeover, Marshall Gass
- Together Forever, Maureen Alikor
- [ Its winter here and clutching at warmt.., Marshall Gass
- Coin, Marshall Gass
- The ruling of the king without proper go.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The emptiness at the end of the sea, Tony French
- The Stripper, Phil Soar