My heart froze
the golden glimmers of the moon
slept behind the terrifying garment
of the coven cloud.
The drizzling rain eaten up
by the fiery furnace of the harmattan sun
your words illuminate the glow of memory
at the fluorescent of the beach.
The coolness and warmth of our thoughts
are now thrown into the fierceness of the whirlpool
that will bring home empty bubbles Tomorrow.
I'm at the beach, our meeting point
watching in anguish your withdrawing finger
in the wavy water...
Stephen Kekeghe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Good Bye by Stephen Kekeghe )
- Left Naked And Exposed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Birth day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- TWILIGHT, Meggie Gultiano
- Morning prayers., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Favorite Quote, Nautica Moxley
- Building Bricks, Jude Ogunade
- A Hydro Odyssey, Patrick Czyz
- Salvation, Earth And Sadness, Tony Adah
- Perspective, Patrick Czyz
- flesh to flesh, jaquesha webb
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)