Dr John Celes
Good Friday Again
The Son of God, a man, Jesus is dead!
Until the last, he was misunderstood;
Despite his sufferings, he kept his head;
His lifeless body hangs on cross’ wood!
He came to earth as per His Father’s bid;
A holy life, well-Scriptured, he had lived;
On earth, so many miracles, he did;
He forgave sinners and devils, he rid!
He showed mankind the greatness of God’s love;
He spent a sinless life white as a dove;
He spoke to His Father in heaven above;
The temple has been destroyed by men now!
He stood steadfast despite his many odds;
Apart from him, there were no other gods;
The world reproached him and he shunned awards;
To pure of heart, he waits to give rewards!
He braved the hilly way to Calvary bare-feet;
He bore the cross of mankind’s sinful heat;
He suffered ignominy, none dare meet;
He’ll come again to sieve the chaff from wheat!
His Father’s will, he obeyed till the last;
His name and glory are not things of past;
Of ship of Christianity, he was mast;
His win o’er death made all devils aghast!
The sun turned dark and did not give out light;
The angry earth shook as if with all might;
The blood of Christ had soaked the earth on site;
The place of skull looked dim though day, like night!
His body in a tomb for three days lay;
He’ll come again alive upon third day;
His divinity then will have its say;
He is true man and God, truth, life and way!
Today, the hearts of Christians appear sad;
The modern world in heinous sin looks bad;
Devils are rampant, making men more mad;
Jesus will resurrect to make us glad!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 29-03-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Good Friday Again by Dr John Celes )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Birches, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The Death of Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Christmas Scene, Salim R Javed
- Girls are not a burden.A sweet conversat.., Salim R Javed
- Night, Leong Ming Loong
- The Tired Smile, Leong Ming Loong
- Blood and Gore, Leong Ming Loong
- Expressly For A Friend..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Welcome Love, Sari Mavi
- Wrongdoing, Leong Ming Loong
- Beyond Emerald City...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR