Dr John Celes
Good Friendship is Forever
Friendship is good but choose good friends,
Who stay in thick and thin of life;
Foes are better than friends- fiends,
Who fail to help, when you're in strife.
Friends console when you are in grief;
Friends give solace when you are hurt;
Friends bring smiles to your face, though brief;
Friends speak sense, wise words although curt.
Friends add joy and make living worth;
Friends support you in weak moments;
Friends show affection like a hearth;
Friends diffuse when trouble foments.
God gave friends to give us more joy;
God gave friends to lessen our woes;
God gave friends to play with a toy;
God gave friends to stave off our foes.
Put your trust in friends who are good;
Share your secrets if they are close;
Enjoy life and have dainty food;
Ignore those who pretend and pose!
‘Happy Friendship Day,2014! '
Copyright by Dr John Celes 3-08-2014
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Good Friendship is Forever by Dr John Celes )
- I feel bored, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 30 September 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Praise God for that Touchdown (only if Y.., Joe Rosochacki
- Mablaba baogargwn be jaya, Shri R Brahma
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.44, Robert Graber
- My dinner عشائي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ang hastayw, Shri R Brahma
- Jwmwiya mwsayw, Shri R Brahma
- Dinwini gwswkhangthiyao, Shri R Brahma
- Thunlai swrjini, Shri R Brahma
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)