A layer of ice, freshly lade on the grass.
The sun arrives shortly after the mist dissapers.
Leaving the world with beuty,
I wake up and look out the window,
Seeing squirls seeking for food, getting ready for winter.
I look at the ceiling, ready to get out of bed.
Opening the door, a fresh sent fills my nose.
I give my puppy and big hug and let him out to play.
He scampers around and greets my sister by wagging his tail hard.
We let out all of the dogs,
Seeing Reed, Buddy, and Sunny, rolling around wagging their tails.
They are all well behaved, romping around our backyard.
I get a carton of fresh water for them all, slowly pouring them in their bowls.
While my sister washes the dirty cages, watching the pups and dogs.
Slowly, I get them to go in their cages,
Letting Reed have half carrot,
We go in and enjoy a snack.
Morning's fresh air, is the best of all.
Crispy and mostly cool,
Waking up at 7: 40, happy as can be, getting ready for the day.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Good Morning by Goldheart Bird )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Man Who Died, Lawrence Beck
- The Cantos, Nassy Fesharaki
- Passage From Trinidad, Angela Wybrow
- We are two Inharmonious Worlds as a Cry, Fatima Nusairat
- Adazeh Ador-Ishama's Horn, Tony Adah
- Stop and Think, Lylo Benant
- sticky love fest...messed me up good, Mandolyn ...
- Take a Picture, Katelin Taylor
- The New Life: Fifth Stage for Marie, Daniel Brick
- Again Daddy Again, Tammy Ashton