Good morning kiss
Woken by the chirping of happy birds
Through the window I see them
Kissing each other excited about new day they expect
Excitement about a new day they know
Poor me I do not know what to expect today
Except that the sun will rise gracefully as usual
But I know it would be very good if I planted a kiss
On the lovely lady reading this!
Then I would feel like I am walking on air
Happiness bubbling in my heart
My boss's screams would only be met by a smile
Stepping on my toes would not bother me
Will I not work with diligence and eagerness?
Won't there be a promise of a kiss soon?
Oh! How I miss the lovely good morning kiss
Sweet Sweetie's kiss every morning
Nyota Yasulwe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Good morning kiss by Nyota Yasulwe )
- Chibok Blues, Tony Adah
- Staged Fright, Luke J. Holt
- The Wall of Water Falls, Brandt Nightingale
- Prayer of Ruin, Luke J. Holt
- Sweet Memories, Lilly Emery
- Earth's Time Clock Ticks, Patricia Kelley
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell