It starts, back there, somewhere
In the childhood,
the Oedipal melange.
Where, I am always right.
And then it proceeds in search
of doctrines, always right.
Goodbye Bohemia and Weimar.
For those places are free,
and every view coheres to
from freedom of thought,
to freedom of mind and person.
The Spirit is a private thing,
and privately attracts,
There is a Society in freedom.
But moving on from being right
and Comrades being right,
and parties of the right
and left are right.
It then moves further down
that linear line, horizontal
linear line, of thought,
and everyone must be right with me.
That is where it starts.
A tyranny of control,
a closing of other views,
a political correctness,
we the people,
and then the implementation,
' its for your own good'.,
' for society's good',
'we all must agree on this'.
then you must say
Goodbye to Bohemia,
Goodbye to Weimar,
Topic of this poem: politics
Bernard Kennedy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Goodbye Bohemia by Bernard Kennedy )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Roach Talk, Ima Ryma
- Haiku A Butterfly By Sophy Chen, Sophy Chen
- MERCY OUR COVALENCY REMAINS WITH BUOYANCY, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Haiku A Wizened Rose By Sophy Chen, Sophy Chen
- A Cleaner World, Luis Estable
- A Coronary Relapse, white dove
- When I Die, Luis Estable
- As if I'd Fallen in Its Waves by Sophy.., Sophy Chen
- It Pushes It Out, Luis Estable
- Vatsyayana, You Had No Book To Write, Bu.., Bijay Kant Dubey