I wanted to say ‘goodbye.'
But it was hard for me to
Shoot for the stars.
A heart so tempered
By the tides of times and reasons,
A wave so ever consuming…
‘Goodbye, ' if to buy the sway;
I wanted to say ‘farewell.'
But to fare,
My well is dug.
A mindset rudely ruined,
A forlorn hope aboard
A sinking ship of puberty…
Yet, ‘farewell, ' I must say!
Both in course to cause
Rescheduled in time
And I'm not afraid
To say, ‘goodbye…farewell!
IkpoBari MeneSENEWO's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Goodbye…Farewell! by IkpoBari MeneSENEWO )
- A Deadly Romance, Akhtar Jawad
- Tear Stained Haiku, Patrick Czyz
- It Hurts When Your're Letting Go, Marvin Tordillos
- Where Is The Faith Kept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Were Never A No, Susan Lacovara
- Making change, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- My Home, Fatima Nusairat
- Strength is POWER!, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- With love at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Through A Puppet's Eyes (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)