I wanted to say ‘goodbye.'
But it was hard for me to
Shoot for the stars.
A heart so tempered
By the tides of times and reasons,
A wave so ever consuming…
‘Goodbye, ' if to buy the sway;
I wanted to say ‘farewell.'
But to fare,
My well is dug.
A mindset rudely ruined,
A forlorn hope aboard
A sinking ship of puberty…
Yet, ‘farewell, ' I must say!
Both in course to cause
Rescheduled in time
And I'm not afraid
To say, ‘goodbye…farewell!
IkpoBari MeneSENEWO's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Goodbye…Farewell! by IkpoBari MeneSENEWO )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)