I wanted to say ‘goodbye.'
But it was hard for me to
Shoot for the stars.
A heart so tempered
By the tides of times and reasons,
A wave so ever consuming…
‘Goodbye, ' if to buy the sway;
I wanted to say ‘farewell.'
But to fare,
My well is dug.
A mindset rudely ruined,
A forlorn hope aboard
A sinking ship of puberty…
Yet, ‘farewell, ' I must say!
Both in course to cause
Rescheduled in time
And I'm not afraid
To say, ‘goodbye…farewell!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Goodbye…Farewell! by IkpoBari MeneSENEWO )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Oh Mediterranean sea, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Ramblings of Devils Workshop, Nalini Chaturvedi
- BEFORE YOU CAST THE STONE, kevinsky nyaga
- Remembering you Bother, NEDRA WILSON
- Noemia de Sousa (The Poem of Joao), African Poems
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman