I wanted to say ‘goodbye.'
But it was hard for me to
Shoot for the stars.
A heart so tempered
By the tides of times and reasons,
A wave so ever consuming…
‘Goodbye, ' if to buy the sway;
I wanted to say ‘farewell.'
But to fare,
My well is dug.
A mindset rudely ruined,
A forlorn hope aboard
A sinking ship of puberty…
Yet, ‘farewell, ' I must say!
Both in course to cause
Rescheduled in time
And I'm not afraid
To say, ‘goodbye…farewell!
IkpoBari MeneSENEWO's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Goodbye…Farewell! by IkpoBari MeneSENEWO )
- Right Now, Michael McParland
- Little Mosque, Mohja Kahf
- The creative grit.., Laxman Rao
- Like A Gentle Rain, Spiritwind Wood
- The paradox of becoming a Man, Nancy Handabile
- Quran, The Ways of Ascent, Mohja Kahf
- 'My Persuasion' Over 'Her Coyness'., Prabhat Priyadarshi
- rain, Erin Daly
- I Hope, Michael McParland
- Holding Fatima in the Light, Mohja Kahf
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(17 July 1674 – 25 November 1748)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
Edgar Lee Masters
(23 August 1868 – 5 March 1950)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Victor Marie Hugo
(26 February 1802 – 22 May 1885)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)