Google me, google me, google me.
I’ll google you, google you, google you.
Google me, too, oh do, please do.
Google me, too, boohoo.
Googling, googling whoop-de-do.
We’re googling, googling, googling.
Googling all we see.
Googling you and me.
Hi, Instant Google, how do you do?
Google me through, wham bang, thank you.
You google me, and I’ll google you.
IC, OIC, do you see me, too?
We google googolplex googols of Googlers.
We google googols and googols of Googles.
FYI, I’ve got a googlenym, too.
Google, I’m goo-google-eyed over you.
We’re googling reams of memes and themes.
Some of us google googledom dreams.
Google gives cyberspace virtual shape.
We log-in our life on our google netscape.
But who’s looking in as we’re browsing about?
The question of privacy’s always in doubt.
I’m googleplexed, Google, what are our web rights?
Are search engines searching us on our websites?
Now don’t get me wrong, Google, you I adore.
I’m quite codependent on you to explore.
Your motto says, ‘don’t evil be’, which is good.
I click on new features and feel understood.
For my part, I avoid social networking.
(I hate being nudged and ‘not nows’ are irking…
I’d rather tick, ‘stop it’, ‘don’t bug me’, or ‘halt’.)
My head’s in your cloud, Google, you’re my default.
You open the portal to info domains
And make user-friendly our surfing terrains.
Still, Google, this handiness could my mouse trick.
So many things seem so attractive to pick.
And lately I’ve found myself fraught with unease,
Afraid of those hyperlinks out there that tease.
Has ‘googlephobe’ entered the lexicon yet?
(Psst, I think Big Brother sneaks peeks at my net.)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Googleplexus by Harley White )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
Poem of the Day
- In their ears, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- بےچینی تمھارے بنا, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- Fear of Falling, Sierra Staten
- The Story That Doesn't End, Sierra Staten
- Combined Simple Aspect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Person and Personality, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Light Up The Lamp Within You, Amitava Sur
- About the Bone xx xxx xx Improvisa.., Lee Mack
- To A Place Beyond Hell, Paula Glynn
- WHAT A SHAME! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI