Google me, google me, google me.
I’ll google you, google you, google you.
Google me, too, oh do, please do.
Google me, too, boohoo.
Googling, googling whoop-de-do.
We’re googling, googling, googling.
Googling all we see.
Googling you and me.
Hi, Instant Google, how do you do?
Google me through, wham bang, thank you.
You google me, and I’ll google you.
IC, OIC, do you see me, too?
We google googolplex googols of Googlers.
We google googols and googols of Googles.
FYI, I’ve got a googlenym, too.
Google, I’m goo-google-eyed over you.
We’re googling reams of memes and themes.
Some of us google googledom dreams.
Google gives cyberspace virtual shape.
We log-in our life on our google netscape.
But who’s looking in as we’re browsing about?
The question of privacy’s always in doubt.
I’m googleplexed, Google, what are our web rights?
Are search engines searching us on our websites?
Now don’t get me wrong, Google, you I adore.
I’m quite codependent on you to explore.
Your motto says, ‘don’t evil be’, which is good.
I click on new features and feel understood.
For my part, I avoid social networking.
(I hate being nudged and ‘not nows’ are irking…
I’d rather tick, ‘stop it’, ‘don’t bug me’, or ‘halt’.)
My head’s in your cloud, Google, you’re my default.
You open the portal to info domains
And make user-friendly our surfing terrains.
Still, Google, this handiness could my mouse trick.
So many things seem so attractive to pick.
And lately I’ve found myself fraught with unease,
Afraid of those hyperlinks out there that tease.
Has ‘googlephobe’ entered the lexicon yet?
(Psst, I think Big Brother sneaks peeks at my net.)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Googleplexus by Harley White )
- Time To Crash, Michael McParland
- Poetry Delivers, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Near faint beneath golden limes, Mark Heathcote
- Sakat Repertuar, Muzaffer Akin
- Caressing Beauty, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Slipping Away, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Waiting In Revlon's Waiting Area, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mother & Daughter, Taimane Fanene
- Is This Love, John Foster
- Time without beginnings a better fiend, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Mighty Horny Power Rangers, Ramona Thompson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1612 – 16 September 1672)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)