I had a dream, that I could fly,
On gossamer wings, in the clear blue skies.
Floating above the Earth below,
Going where the air currents chose to go.
I dreamt I soared above the sea,
Just by myself, there was only me.
Watching the sun rise over the brine,
Not one other soul could I find.
I soared over deserts and mountains high,
On my gossamer wings, in the clear blue sky.
And I was alone and feeling free,
But so much loneliness was a part of me.
The last creature on Earth, flying high,
Searching for life, and I started to cry.
What use to me were gossamer wings,
If all over the world, there were no living things.
12/11/10 Alton Texas
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gossamer Wings by Juan Olivarez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A bucket of paint, Piyush Dey
- Value be given, gajanan mishra
- Egypt, Tony Adah
- A Tribute To Gray's Elegy, Naveed Khalid
- Nothing i can offer, binod bastola
- Canonical, Naveed Khalid
- Africanesse not Darkness, Famoroti Odunayo Israel
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid
- Wings of Shakti, Poet Dragon
- Femme Fatale, Naveed Khalid