I'd Rather Be Fishing
I'd rather be fishing, Than talking to you,
At least when I'm fishing, I know what to do.
I'd rather hold a blue gill in my hand,
Than get hit on the head, with a frying pan.
I'd rather be fishing, than look at your face,
At least the fish, don't get on my case.
I'd rather get in a fight, with an alligator garr,
Than put up with your daily naggin by far.
I'd rather be fishing, any old day,
Than stay home with you, and try to play.
I'd rather untangle a backlashed line,
Than spend an evening with you, sipping wine.
Do I love fishing, or do I love you?
I know it's gotta be one of the two.
To know the answer is what I'm wishing,
Maybe I'll think of it, while I'm fishing.
11/01/10 Alton Texas
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'd Rather Be Fishing by Juan Olivarez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sfide e perjetshme, skender iljaz braka
- Heshtja e lumit, skender iljaz braka
- Rrëpirave të thepisura të hënës, skender iljaz braka
- Pas teje vrapoja, skender iljaz braka
- Takim miqesh..., skender iljaz braka
- Loti i engjellit dhe loti i djallit, skender iljaz braka
- Prime Truth - 12, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 11, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 10, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Flying Dutchman , Gert Strydom