The women ran
screaming like goats
but he was warned
by the flash
on the ceiling
when they opened
their car doors.
Their feet were heavy
on the flat stones.
He thought, 'I think,
therefore...' he ran.
Above the city,
in the cold, black air.
Crouching in a red shadow,
he remembered thinking...
Nancy Ames's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Graduation Day by Nancy Ames )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- OUT OF DAYS' BELLIES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- It is better to write a poem, gajanan mishra
- Years are fine, Cigeng Zhang
- Mother, Benhardi Dicka
- I Belong To You, Asma Riaz Khan
- Patience, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- SAYING ONE'S PRAYERS PEACEFULLY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Talk to me and win, gajanan mishra
- Creators, Midnights Voice
- Without You..! ! !, Asma Riaz Khan