Grass is Green
Grass is green.
We all do know that.
But sometimes it is greener
and in some places it is the greenest.
Or so does it appear?
Is it for real?
Or is it just an illusion?
Why do we always seek out
the greenest of pastures
when there’s a rich green pasture -
right in our backyard?
When there’s perfect attuning
of our heart, spirit and mind,
green grass all around our own feet
is what we invariably find.
So let’s take pride in whoever we are
and let’s find joy in whatever we do -
for the grass undeniably is the greenest
all around our own feet all the time.
25 June 2010
Gita Ashok's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grass is Green by Gita Ashok )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Five Landscapes, Cole Swensen
- Words, renu kakkar
- Dead Theatre, rashmi sri
- The nest of love, Jesus James Llorico
- Pappou Elia To My Father In Australia 1.., Elia Michael
- The God of Fallen Leaves, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Lonely Gallinule, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Appeasement, Stephanie Sharma
- Golden Boyhood, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Mysterious Beauty, Zillur Rahman Shuvro