An abstract concept - gratitude.
In surveys, teenagers score low.
Is it just young bad attitude?
Inquiring young minds want to know.
Is commercial culture to blame?
Do young consumers get consumed
By feeling left out of the game,
And if left out, then one is doomed?
Perhaps if one, though young, can feel
A part of good community,
Then gratitude will become real,
Shared between friends and family.
The teenage years are challenging.
Grateful takes effort at being.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gratitude Teen by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Summer time to have fun, Arafat Driche
- *Heart...oh...Heart*, Arafat Driche
- 'Oh, Heart''Oh, Heart'..., Arafat Driche
- HearT! ? ...., Arafat Driche
- The Art of Praying, Dr John Celes
- Auto-Abuse, No Charge, not $7.11 @ 7-11 .., LUVinThe NOW
- we won't even have the circus, Mandolyn Davidson
- doing donuts in the mojave desert, Mandolyn Davidson
- 'Thank You Trees', Christina Sunrise
- gurudarsanam-indian thought, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath