Great Is The Son
Great is the Son when his work is done
Heavens portals are lifted up
Thy will be done on earth as in heaven
He goes wide through the celestial gates
Be ye lifted up you everlasting doors
And let the king of glory come in
Jesus meets the angels who are with him
We behold the ancient days.
The firmament paint repose
Every flower and trees in the garden,
Glitter and shine like a terrestrial rose.
All the gold we fined in the ground,
They were made by the great Son,
Fashion among human took our sin
And in him we have found God.
Great is the son who binds the cool shade
In the night slips the light around the world,
He makes us not afraid,
To walk in a world of darkness,
Because he is the everlasting light
Shining through the key hole of our heart.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Great Is The Son by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Did you read them?
- Strictly Cosmic, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- children, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- White ant, gajanan mishra
- Time Not Wasted, Hasan Haskovic
- The 'C' Word, Eliza Booth
- Poem: Love, Stability and Peace, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Leaves Of Season, Richard Provencher
- Body of Dreams, Peter Streckfus
- Innocent tree, gajanan mishra
- Body of Moving and Light, Peter Streckfus