William Brighty Rands
Great, Wide, Beautiful, Wonderful World
Great, wide, beautiful, wonderful World,
With the wonderful water round you curled,
And the wonderful grass upon your breast--
World, you are beautifully drest.
The wonderful air is over me,
And the wonderful wind is shaking the tree,
It walks on the water, and whirls the mills,
And talks to itself on the tops of the hills.
You friendly Earth! how far do you go,
With the wheat-fields that nod and the rivers that flow,
With cities and gardens, and cliffs, and isles,
And people upon you for thousands of miles?
Ah, you are so great, and I am so small,
I tremble to think of you, World, at all;
And yet, when I said my prayers to-day,
A whisper inside me seemed to say,
"You are more than the Earth, though you are such a dot:
You can love and think, and the Earth cannot!"
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Great, Wide, Beautiful, Wonderful World by William Brighty Rands )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- In A Sugared Quiet Lit By Multicoloured .., mary douglas
- Go on freely, gajanan mishra
- Mirror image, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Weaver Of Waves, Saiom Shriver
- THAT PALM-TREE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dune Fringed, Saiom Shriver
- Watery Arms, Saiom Shriver
- Wet With Words, George Egba
- From Chambered Shells, Saiom Shriver
- Blue Starred In The Blue Grass Spring Lu.., mary douglas