Greed is a man who lurks in the dark,
Offer him food to make him hungry
Then in the dark.
The greedy people stop and glare
At us, to simply say the honesty
Of a whole generation.
Alas, the storm gathers after spraying
Us with gas and liquid,
The fluids rush from heaven
And end in a tumult of mud.
The storms say you are benign
But cross are the plains that deliver.
We encourage greedy men to hunger
Themselves and fulfill our desires.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Greedy Men by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi