Her color is green.
She is a queen,
& her throne is green.
Her monsoon brings,
promises of green.
& give courage to Padma
to erase the lands,
to engulf a civilization in sallows!
i tramp in the bank of Mouri
i see a farmer
working in his field,
& longing for green.
Green is the color of her kind.
in the provatferi i walk bare footed
to show respect
to the people
who gave me freedom
freedom to speak
to shout or to scream
they made my culture supreme.
green is the color of revolution
& i realize her color is green.
In my lonely night
i wait for the flickering light
i gaze from my window
i gaze to the middow
in gentle morning light
the far i have seen,
is colored with with green!
Padma=a big river in bangldseh
Mouri= a small river
provatferi=a bare footed walk for showing respect to our martyr
This poem is a slaute to my country BANGLADESH
mehedi faysal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Green by mehedi faysal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Buds Of Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- quiet in the library, lee fones
- If my shoes could talk, Maverick Jones
- All That I Know, Suburban Lovechild
- I Remained Silent, Lilly Emery
- They touched My Shoulder, Buxton Shippy
- The Outcast, Maverick Jones
- COLORS الالوان, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- dont mess with granny smith, lee fones
- COLRS الالوان, MOHAMMAD SKATI