Her color is green.
She is a queen,
& her throne is green.
Her monsoon brings,
promises of green.
& give courage to Padma
to erase the lands,
to engulf a civilization in sallows!
i tramp in the bank of Mouri
i see a farmer
working in his field,
& longing for green.
Green is the color of her kind.
in the provatferi i walk bare footed
to show respect
to the people
who gave me freedom
freedom to speak
to shout or to scream
they made my culture supreme.
green is the color of revolution
& i realize her color is green.
In my lonely night
i wait for the flickering light
i gaze from my window
i gaze to the middow
in gentle morning light
the far i have seen,
is colored with with green!
Padma=a big river in bangldseh
Mouri= a small river
provatferi=a bare footed walk for showing respect to our martyr
This poem is a slaute to my country BANGLADESH
mehedi faysal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Green by mehedi faysal )
- A.Blok, May's been cruel...- translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- The Secret of My love, Hanh Chau
- Submission of Poem, Vera Sidhwa
- The Hungry, Randy McClave
- You are not changed, ramesh rai
- The Poet called Light, Light Mark
- Stripes, Mike Acker
- Rocks like Milky Ways, Mikey Bachman
- Opportunities, Peter S. Quinn
- We Should Be Glad, Blu 1 Blu 1 (Rio de Janeiro)
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- A Ballad of Death, Algernon Charles Swinburne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)