Green Is The Colour
Stabbed in the back by an unexpected foe,
a gross missconduct by any nature,
a means of life denied by unknown faults,
a falling unforgiven by thy own will.
Tortured by a greed unwanting,
greeted by answers greater than wealth,
apologies meant to be answered,
thrown by words easily said.
For green is the colour by lifes understanding,
a tale explained by the fortunes of many,
lost is the colour by my own eyes,
a dagger in the back always my demise.
Look forth my friend for your own will dishonered,
a fiendish will, bound by another,
grasp the colour of thy own will,
for greed is the answer coloured by green.
Bound by an existence of fruitfull torment,
taken from a will of an uncoloured mind,
penniless cries come unanswered,
forgotten is the portrait of deaths unanswered cry.
A willingness to live by a forgotten rule untamed by the greed of many,
life withought love always unaswered, green is the colour tamed by greed....
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Green Is The Colour by shane lewicki )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A Horrible Howl In A Winter Wonderland I.., Ryan Scales
- A Horrible Howl In A Winter Wonderland, Ryan Scales
- 21 Shades Of Blue Intertext Part 1: The .., Ryan Scales
- Poet Bound Sentenced Ancient Mariner Tides, Terence G. Craddock
- THE FACE OF THE BLOODY MASSACRES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Cat Faces, Ryan Scales
- Far, Brandt Nightingale
- Have You Loved An Angel?, Ronald Chapman
- Tohum Dükkanı, Deniz Atay
- Forgetting My Father, Ryan Scales