He was driving and got depressed -
Drove up to the edge of a cliff.
A bunch of us watched this, and guessed
That we needed to help him if
The brakes could be put on this threat.
We asked what brought him to the edge.
He said he was so deep in debt,
And that driving over this ledge
Was the best way that he could see.
So we all passed the hat around,
And gave him enough so he could be
Back on solid financial ground.
He backed up safely, thanks to us -
Concerned passengers on his bus.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Group Effort by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- your memory sleeps in my old blue trunk, Mandolyn Davidson
- i run with an ax, Mandolyn Davidson
- i smile because it makes you look good, Mandolyn Davidson
- Today Is Today, Margaret Moran
- Inclusiveness of Religions-A Ramzan Thou.., Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- Nicely salty..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Born Country, Maverick Jones
- Jhoom Jhoom Aa Gaya Basant, Upendra Singh
- NO MORE, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Dil Mera Wo Le Gaya, Upendra Singh