He was driving and got depressed -
Drove up to the edge of a cliff.
A bunch of us watched this, and guessed
That we needed to help him if
The brakes could be put on this threat.
We asked what brought him to the edge.
He said he was so deep in debt,
And that driving over this ledge
Was the best way that he could see.
So we all passed the hat around,
And gave him enough so he could be
Back on solid financial ground.
He backed up safely, thanks to us -
Concerned passengers on his bus.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Group Effort by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Kind of Vertigo, douglas scotney
- Sacaificed, Tony Ford
- Gay parade, Nassy Fesharaki
- Neighbor, Katie Doty
- department stores give me a headache, Mandolyn ...
- Secrets Hidden By The Side Of The Road, Is It Poetry
- Poetic Flashes, Sandra Feldman
- Lick Of Leak, sallam yassin
- Ode to Arizona on a Hot Summer's Day, Adam M. Snow
- Forgiveness, Tony Ford