He was driving and got depressed -
Drove up to the edge of a cliff.
A bunch of us watched this, and guessed
That we needed to help him if
The brakes could be put on this threat.
We asked what brought him to the edge.
He said he was so deep in debt,
And that driving over this ledge
Was the best way that he could see.
So we all passed the hat around,
And gave him enough so he could be
Back on solid financial ground.
He backed up safely, thanks to us -
Concerned passengers on his bus.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Group Effort by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I give up, August Wane
- Oh God If We Must, mary douglas
- chemical shed, lee fones
- My Friend Forever, Margaret Alice Second
- Sometimes I am afraid, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- সময়(Time), Avik Datta Gupta
- Lieu Time, Francie Lynch
- When The Heart Bleeds, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- Many Crooked Cops are Shooting and Killing, Hebert Logerie
- My First Love, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway