It is not easy just wishing it so.
Yet quite simple believing it be.
This mighty oak I am trying to grow,
Must be nurtured through the essence of me.
Planted deep in faith's definitive clay.
Resolute against the mightiest storm.
Those winds of shame that blew childhood away,
Can't change my desire never to conform.
But when fear creeps through ancesteral roots,
And branches tremble in tortuous breeze,
Often I am stripped of ripening fruits.
Given back to doubt's cancerous disease.
Apples and atoms blend into the earth.
Where unfulfilled dreams mulch into rebirth.
Anthony Di'anno's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Growing Myself by Anthony Di'anno )
Did you read them?
- Peanut Butter, Daniel Karbon
- Who gives a shit.............by Talile Ali, Talile Ali
- Wild flowers are flowers, but their frag.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Beautiful Memories, Prabal Dev
- Who give's a shit, Talile Ali
- FORGIVENESS, WORSHIP, TRUST & LOVE, Tom Zart
- Shattered and alone, Nicole GravellPellerino
- But the Leaves Of Grass, Neela Nath
- It is impossible, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What The Culture Drug In - Da Dammerrung.., Warren Falcon