I want to be pissed off
I want to lash out
I want to let self pity
explode in a shout.
I want to be reckless
and do stupid things.
I know its destructive,
regrets all it brings.
But damn its annoying
to hold it all down,
wait till it disipitates
and smooth out the frown.
Why cant i be foolish,
have a moody outburst,
be selfish and angry,
put my temper first?
Becuase letting it out
well, then it hits others
and its not just me
that my temper bothers.
Then it can cause hurt,
cause conflict and pain
negative for all
without any gain.
I CAN get pissed off
I CAN let it out
I CAN let self pity
explode in a Shout.
But the payment is there
when it hits or it misses
and to be bluntly honest
Id much rather have kisses.
Joeline Rayment's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Growing UP by Joeline Rayment )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
RoseAnn V. Shawiak
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- Three Wise Men, Bill Simmons
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- A proposal to wake up, none .....
- Dreams are All That Remain, Rohit Sapra
- Flowers By The Roadside, Maurice Rowlands
- You are born to be a poet, ramesh rai
- Beautiful flower, gajanan mishra
- A Fool, crystal ruth
- The Game, douglas scotney
- Cover Me With You, George Dee Vuy
- Loss In A Mirror, Naveed Akram
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock