You can slash me, you can break me
but you cannot ever unmake me.
You can hurt me, you can tear me
but i will not let you scare me.
and ill never bow in fear
and ill never hide my tear
and my love youll never slaughter.
Becuase my mothers pain birthed me
and my sisters love nursed me
and i am my father's daughter.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I am blessed that my family gave me love, strength, pain and loss. For in doing this they also gave me the open minded ability to turn one of these into another.
To them I feel the greatest of gratitudes, even for the times of pain and loss, for they shaped me into a multidimentional person. Complexity thy name be....Human
Comments about this poem (Father's Daughter by Joeline Rayment )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Everything but God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Tell Me, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Our Mentor (acrostic poem), Marvin Brato Sr
- The Taking, Anne Pierson Wiese
- The Killing Frost, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Inscrutable Twist, Anne Pierson Wiese
- The Cordyceps, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- South, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Columbus Park, Anne Pierson Wiese