You can slash me, you can break me
but you cannot ever unmake me.
You can hurt me, you can tear me
but i will not let you scare me.
and ill never bow in fear
and ill never hide my tear
and my love youll never slaughter.
Becuase my mothers pain birthed me
and my sisters love nursed me
and i am my father's daughter.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I am blessed that my family gave me love, strength, pain and loss. For in doing this they also gave me the open minded ability to turn one of these into another.
To them I feel the greatest of gratitudes, even for the times of pain and loss, for they shaped me into a multidimentional person. Complexity thy name be....Human
Comments about this poem (Father's Daughter by Joeline Rayment )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 February 1970-)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Candadi Kelidara Vistara, Shishunala Sharif
- Anubhava Gitegalu, Shishunala Sharif
Poem of the Day
- Your Paradise Is Met, Naveed Akram
- Who Needs Rains In Heaven?, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Prevention is better than cure, Leong Ming Loong
- Twittering Among Feelings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Magic, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life Stretching, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Electric Love, Suresh Dogra
- Capturing An Awareness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Letting Imagination Run, RoseAnn V. Shawiak