Guard us from wrong in the way
People dismay and do away with justice.
Special logs are rolling for talk of immortality
Then utmost, always in order to achieve
The biggest reward, a sentence is written
For the work and I have also meaning attached.
Guard us from the inaccuracy of spelling,
How this turns into right, not wrong.
We faster grow our turnips in the garden
Of our triumphs, triumphant being is ours.
The wrong of dear people is forced upon the strange,
Inside them is a disease though, thought to be mindless.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Guard Us by Naveed Akram )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Christmas Bells, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- 2 Days After, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Did As I Was Commanded, Edward Kofi Louis
- Disease, decease!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Backdoor Sex, Luis Estable
- Try To Call Me, Edward Kofi Louis
- Fishing Hole, Ima Ryma
- Whole, hole!, Edward Kofi Louis
- No Way For Her, Luis Estable
- Slowly Does It, Luis Estable
- The Dance, Ronald Stuart Thomas