Guide To Conjugal Harmony...In A Lighter Vein
why do couples often fight?
mostly to convey...
'I am the one who is right'
its a pleasure to have the last word
make sure your voice is heard
a barb, a dart, a parting shot,
all great fun when the temprature is hot,
but do we ever realize,
or go with the premise,
how does it matter who is right?
easier to let the man win,
than puncture his king size ego, with a pin
in any confrontation
offer no aggravation,
just nod and say,
'you are so right dear'
I should talk less,
and give you my ear
and watch him deflate,
the argument abate,
goes to show, my dad's advice was so true
the wiser one always keeps shut,
very difficult, ladies......but
try it, its so very true
your fights will be scaled down
to just a very few....
.some valuable tips from one
whos seen thirty two years....
there have been fights and tears,
but now, I am among the peers,
got the mantra, to conjugal delight,
dont aggravate, just keep it light,
woman is the wiser of the two,
tell that to yourself....
and make do.
Arti Chopra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Guide To Conjugal Harmony...In A Lighter Vein by Arti Chopra )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Final Destination, Tushar Ray
- Our city's curfew, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- No regrets, george albot
- CENTER YOURSELF, Christina Sunrise
- My balls, Nassy Fesharaki
- Transported in Place, Lawrence Beck
- GROUND YOURSELF, Christina Sunrise
- Fired For Facebook Defense Of Cows, Saiom Shriver
- Friend, Alfred Oyori
- Offer Peacefully, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..