Guide To Conjugal Harmony...In A Lighter Vein
why do couples often fight?
mostly to convey...
'I am the one who is right'
its a pleasure to have the last word
make sure your voice is heard
a barb, a dart, a parting shot,
all great fun when the temprature is hot,
but do we ever realize,
or go with the premise,
how does it matter who is right?
easier to let the man win,
than puncture his king size ego, with a pin
in any confrontation
offer no aggravation,
just nod and say,
'you are so right dear'
I should talk less,
and give you my ear
and watch him deflate,
the argument abate,
goes to show, my dad's advice was so true
the wiser one always keeps shut,
very difficult, ladies......but
try it, its so very true
your fights will be scaled down
to just a very few....
.some valuable tips from one
whos seen thirty two years....
there have been fights and tears,
but now, I am among the peers,
got the mantra, to conjugal delight,
dont aggravate, just keep it light,
woman is the wiser of the two,
tell that to yourself....
and make do.
Arti Chopra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Guide To Conjugal Harmony...In A Lighter Vein by Arti Chopra )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Tiger, William Blake
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Loss of Innocence, Bijay Kant Dubey
- HUMANKIND, john chizoba vincent
- Sorry, If I Have Hurt Your Feelings, Ext.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Deep Deep Peace, Margaret Moran
- Aflas Ke Basti..., pakeeza rizvi
- WHO REALLY CONTROLS THE WORLD?, john chizoba vincent
- Walking In Clouds, Juan Olivarez
- Of Ancestors From Long Ago, Spiritwind Wood
- If I Told You, Spiritwind Wood
- WHEN ARE YOU COMING HOME, FATHER?, john chizoba vincent