Like a lighthouse on a stormy night,
that shines bright for ailing ships,
to steer them to a friendly port.
I need a light to guide me,
to her awaiting arms.
A guiding light to lead me safely,
to her open door.
That I may end my search,
with love warmth evermore.
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Guiding Light by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- *In Sympathy Melt - for Jen Walls, C. P. Sharma
- Animal Kingdom, Denis Martindale
- *True is my Master*, C. P. Sharma
- sCenE LeFt RiGht tHeIr, sEaN nOrTh
- A Tingly Feeling, Alvin Jenner
- *A Jester, C. P. Sharma
- Writing For A Living Echoing Life Drama, Terence G. Craddock
- Tomorrow's Wager, Ritika Abigail
- All I Want..., Ritika Abigail
- *Where is Death? *, C. P. Sharma