H E Y D E C A Y!
Hey decay...of human flesh
bro - come what may i'm here to stay,
Dead fish stink high in Marakesh
hair turning gray, but i'm here to play.
Hey decay...of love & emotion
dude - you must be kiddin', right?
Don't rub on me that chick's devotion
teeth falling out, but i ain't seen the light.
Hey decay...of faith and hope
why would i turn a deaf ear?
Just 'cause i'm climbin' this slippery rope
and i keep on slippin' from year to year.
Hey decay...of life's memory
what good does it do, if it's all gone?
I cry out: “There's more! ” - no, it's history
on a shadow's coattail that i ride upon.
Hey decay...your thought does linger
so now I raise to you my middle finger:
For we are but birds in a gilded cage
singing our stale tunes of freedom...
while we age.
(Woodland Hills, California, U.S.A. - April 13,2011)
Tommy Szamosi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (H E Y D E C A Y! by Tommy Szamosi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Don't be selfish, gajanan mishra
- OTHER POETS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Overflowing (HAIKU), Shqipe Prence
- Introverter, B.. Alexander
- Can You Blame Me!, Lora Colon
- A SPECIAL LANGUAGE لغة خاصة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ikaw lang, Jesus James Llorico
- SEASONS' PRETTY CLOTHES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Daily Grind, Charles Hice
- Winter (HAIKU), Shqipe Prence