H.G Well's Folly
In the year nineteen hundred and fourteen,
While the horrible Word War One was burning the earth,
The great author,
'H. G. Wells' dreamed up a book titled,
"The War That Will End War."
What a foolish idea this,
Turned out to be, in the end.
There has been much war since then.
See H.G. Wells had forgotten one thing,
War has been,
Built into humankind, since the beginning.
War will be humankind's ending!
Ronald Chapman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (H.G Well's Folly by Ronald Chapman )
- Watching the tide, Tony Adah
- To My Elder Sister in Old Age..., Dr John Celes
- Villanelle: Trust no one even wife/husba.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Sai Amore (You know honey), Alexander Galbur
- Senyru ' boil ', miken newman
- Lilian, Cherret Leakey
- Power versus Power, Tony Adah
- Fragment, David McLansky
- You're Safe With Me, Michael McParland
- He bought Love, Charles Jagongo
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Sir Walter Raleigh
(1552 - 1618)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)