Bijay Kant Dubey
Had I Been …
Had I been a painter, I would have painted and sketched
Only wild blossoms,
Their hues and beauties,
Which bloom in the forest tract and scatter away
Unknown and unnoticed,
Before we could know these!
Had I been a painter,
Had I been a painter, I would have sketched and drawn
All those flowering and deflowering wild blooms,
Their beauties and colours!
God, what talent have you given to me,
Give me, give me something more,
So that I may penetrate deep,
Sketch and draw the things
As for general liking,
God, my God!
God, why have You chosen me as for delineating Your Providence
As know I not
The fairer things of Your Creation;
As those not within compass
And I a simple looker of these,
Trying to have a glimpse of Divinity
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Had I Been … by Bijay Kant Dubey )
Did you read them?
- Across the courtyard, Jorge Rolon
- Why Must I Toil?, Monk E. Biz
- Stay Devoted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- AUTUMN BRIDE, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon