Haikus / On Sleep
Eye doors, shut tight.
But no respite,
To THOUHT HURRICANES!
Sleep tied up body
attached COLOURFUL WINGS
to the mind.
catch, if sleep starts playing,
HIDE AND SEEK!
Sleep ran off from eyes,
Sitting pretty on top of
heavy EYE-LID lofts!
Sarvani Pochiraju's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Haikus / On Sleep by Sarvani Pochiraju )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Cantus lacrimosus, Angell Afinowi
- Rest My Dear, Michael P. McParland
- Life's like a compote of the desserts, Mark Heathcote
- I fade away into the light, Anu Shraddha
- Neo-Classic Tasweer/Hindi/Urdu, Aftab Alam
- The awkward Moment, Angell Afinowi
- Loo Prints, Phil Soar
- Listen, Mariam de Haan
- Walking home Afterwards, Angell Afinowi
- Who has killed me brutally?, Aftab Alam