Frank V. Gardner
October ends up with a game.
Each year things happen much the same.
Some ghosts and goblins may be seen,...
Around about on Halloween.
It's really kids dressed up like that:
Some tall and thin, some short and fat;
They go to homes near where they live
To ask the occupants to give.
The game is played by all in fun,...
By light of moon, not of the sun.
The kids won't trick,...
If they receive a little treat.
(At daughter, Nancy's request, during breakfast on October 25,1972, I wrote this poem for her to recite at school that day in Vienna, Virginia.)
Frank V. Gardner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Halloween Game by Frank V. Gardner )
- Childless Woman, Sylvia Plath
- Inevitable Infiltration, Wood Nymph
- Aquatic Nocturne, Sylvia Plath
- Gold Mouths Cry, Sylvia Plath
- Soliloquy Of The Solipsist, Sylvia Plath
- Should We Kill Poetry, Tony Adah
- Look deep in my eyes, obed obser
- No Pussy In Hell, Buddy Bee Anthony
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 79, Ronjoy Brahma
- Stay That Way, Lawrence S. Pertillar