Happily Watch Your Lover Go
The day she left,
I cried my heart exploding,
For days and nights I wept,
Mourning over my old feelings...
Somewhere deep inside,
I felt now I am finished,
Dying inside, existing outside,
How could she ever leave me like this.
All that I felt,
Was I loved her alot,
Before My Almighty I knelt,
Asking him 'tell me, did I or not! '.
Next day I woke fresh,
Shouting 'now there are things I know',
Pains in my heart got less,
Love exists only where you can watch your lover go.
Billions live with their love by their side,
Millions wake everyday by kisses' rain,
But one in a thousand happily pass the night,
With just memories of their lovers, without missing them!
Very well your heart knows she has gone,
Your eyes know you'll never see her again,
Still you love her all alone,
Man you are a true lover then!
In this simple world everybody can love,
Anybody can weep or cry,
Accepting heartbreaks is tough,
But real lovers are those who can wave their love happy goodbye...!
Ankur Thakur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Happily Watch Your Lover Go by Ankur Thakur )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Don't Know If History Repeats Itself, Yehuda Amichai
- school, logan dillie
- THE MOMENT (BARACK HUSSAIN OBAMA’S INAUG.., sania harris
- Limerick: There was a young person whose.., Edward Lear
- ~ His[s]tory ~, MS. NIVEDITA BAGCHI SPC. UK.
Poem of the Day
- Uncle Styopa part2 by N. Mickhalkov, Yuri Starostin
- Secret Loves, Sandra Feldman
- Structural Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Winter, Sara Grace Je'tom Bradley
- Life's trash, Yisel Chong
- I Just, Michael P. McParland
- What She Is, Levi Crum
- I Am So Tired, Michael P. McParland
- Sacrafice, Levi Crum
- The Dent, Levi Crum