Dr John Celes
‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor
Well, fifty years have flown off rather fast,
Since you became a doctor of repute!
So evergreen are memories of past,
When birthdays come and add a year acute.
The toil and struggles had made life worthwhile!
Whoever thought that you would do so well?
Reminiscences bring to face a smile;
The joys though lesser outdid woes, we tell.
But who had made the mighty difference, say?
And who had given success despite strife?
Without a doubt, it was God, all the way!
Let’s thank the Almighty in earthly life!
The thread of life gets snapped by God’s decree;
God does not bother about our degree!
Doctor ‘Happy Birthday!
May God bless you today!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 1-18-2010
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor by Dr John Celes )
- My eyelids, Sergio Jaime
- I Am Woman, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Unnamed Emotions, Monica Mohan
- Canon fire, Cee Bea
- Haiku ' Sea', miken newman
- The House on the Hill, Cathy Hodgson
- Haiku 8, Kim Barney
- $hOpErS LOVe $hOpIng - but, sEaN nOrTh
- Tras mis párpados, Sergio Jaime
- Future Fast Forward, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The City Planners, Margaret Atwood
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Little Song Of Life, Lizette Woodworth Reese
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Heather Burns
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(18 November 1939)