Dr John Celes
‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemencia!
The strong-girl of our home!
She did the hardest chores;
And helped mother at work,
And locked the house’s doors.
She was a simple dame;
But received all the blame;
She yearned for love and name;
Life played a cruel game!
She loved to talk her heart,
And learned on own some art;
Unlucky on her part,
She remains right from start.
She is an Aquarian;
She leads a spinster’s life,
Alone, amidst much strife.
May God bless my sister,
On her birthday today!
And grant her will-power
To walk in Heaven’s way.
Copyright by Dr John Celes 2-11-2006
Dedicated to my dear elder sister,
Miss. Noeline Mary Clemencia, CBE.
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemencia! by Dr John Celes )
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
- Rain, Angela K Brown
- Stay With Me, Angela K Brown
- seriously though, the ending is dope, Mandolyn ...
- Performing A Musical, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Separation of the women who resemble sui.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The Light The Night Sows, Walid Lounes Bouzerar
- Lasting Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)