Dr John Celes
'Happy World Nurses Day 2012! ' (Advance Wishes from a Doctor)
Nurses are …
The ones who aid the doctors heal,
With tender loving care;
The ones who watch the patients feel
The pain, and help them fare!
The ones who stay bed-side and see
The sufferings of those ill;
The ones who treat the malady
By checking drugs and bill!
The ones who say words of kindness
To allay fear, console;
The ones who bring back happiness
To patients by their role!
The ones who make the beds for sick,
And tuck them off to sleep;
The ones who raise, bring down the wick,
Responding to each beep!
The ones who work the magic full,
And keep the ailing clean;
Those ones bring heaven upon hell,
To sick in earthly scene!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
'Happy World Nurses Day,2012! '
Dedicated by the Dean, Dr.A.Celestine Raj Manohar MD.,
To all nurses in IRT PMCH, RTS & SoN, Perundurai, INDIA
Copyright by Dr John Celes 1-05-2012
Comments about this poem ('Happy World Nurses Day 2012! ' (Advance Wishes from a Doctor) by Dr John Celes )
- LONE LADY, vidyut chakraborty
- Psalm 070, Forrest Hainline
- What is said in autobiography, gajanan mishra
- The weird erotica, Marcel Aouizerate
- Acting Judge, Tim caffery
- Your lovely smile, Jesus James Llorico
- Past Reloaded, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Truest Love., Achill Ladd
- Points made between waves, Mark Heathcote
- ignus fatuus or sketches of my past?, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)